Message from Australasian Managing Director, Ken Muller
It is natural that individuals and companies alike continuously strive to manage outgoings and costs to achieve future financial objectives. A careful balance however must be maintained between obtaining excellent value for money versus purchasing at the lowest possible price.
The adage “you get what you pay for” is no truer than with the maintenance of complicated and critical equipment and plant such as an elevator system. Elevators, when properly and regularly maintained can last more than 20 years without major upgrade, however the emphasis is on “properly and regularly” and a short term focus on “the lowest price” can and often does result in long term fiscal pain if proper preventative maintenance is not part of a value based purchase decision.
Otis achieves the balance between competitive price and value though several means
• the incorporation of a sophisticated and “experiential” based scheduling system we call NGS (Next Generation Service)
• the application of industry unique remote elevator monitoring we call REM or Elite
• use of latest technology remote intervention and testing technology
• smart field communication technology that puts necessary information in the hands of your service technicians
• web-based customer communication and real time equipment status through our new eService reporting facility
Even with these technologies and systems, time and usage will eventually dictate when an elevator system requires upgrading or modernisation. When this time comes our experienced engineers are able to advise on the extent of the required upgrade ranging from basic aesthetics to full control and motor replacement. Our modernisation product range is recognised as the most comprehensive in the industry and I encourage you to explore our web site to learn about the features and benefits of this exciting aspect of Otis service.
All of us at Otis aim to provide true value to our customers. We may not always be the cheapest but in the long term we will deliver the best value.