eCall App Privacy Notice - JP
eCall Pro™ App Privacy Notice
The eCall Pro™ App (the “App”) enables you to call an elevator for dispatch to another floor of a building without touching the elevator system. The App is available for use in buildings where the building owner, administrator, or other responsible party has contracted with Otis to provide this service.
Otis Worldwide Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Otis," “we,” “us,” “our”), provides this app-based service with the support of Braxos Security Software (“Braxos”), based in the USA. In certain jurisdictions, Otis is considered a controller of personal information and the building owner, administrator, or other responsible party is a separate controller. Please refer to the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to contact your local Otis entity with any questions.
This privacy notice explains the personal information Otis processes in relation to your use of the App, the purposes for which we use that information, your personal information rights (where applicable), and other disclosures in accordance with applicable law. This Privacy Notice should be read in conjunction with the Otis Global Privacy Notice, which you can access directly at in multiple language versions.
Collection of personal information
When you first download the App, you are requested to provide certain information when registering an account, including:
- first and last name;
- language and communication preferences; and
- contact details, including work phone number, work email address (or personal phone number and email address, if you use the App on a non-work device).
When you use the App with Bluetooth connectivity enabled in a building that offers this service, it will collect certain information automatically from your device, including:
- device location in the building where you use the App, including geographic location data and the security authentication token associated with your device;
- device identifier (e.g., the Bluetooth address of the device); and
- information about your access rights to certain floors in the building where the App is used, where applicable and as determined by the building owner, administrator or other responsible party.
Device location information will not be collected when the App is not in the vicinity of an elevator location beacon.
Use of personal information
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide the service(s) you have requested, such as to call an elevator to transport you to another floor of a building;
- to respond to situations involving a risk to health or safety;
- to manage building access controls (as applicable and according to the configuration of the service by the building owner, administrator or other responsible party);
- to manage, maintain and secure information technology systems used to provide the service;
- to conduct aggregate reporting and statistical analysis;
- to establish, exercise and/or defend legal claims which may include litigation, arbitration, administrative or regulatory proceedings, including pre-dispute activities such as mediation, discovery and the collection of evidence; and as otherwise required by law.
Where applicable law requires a legal basis to process personal information, we do so:
- to perform contractual obligations to you in accordance with the Terms of Service of the App;
- on the basis of our legitimate interests, such as to provide and improve the security, safety, efficiency, and quality of our products and services, so long as those interests are not outweighed by your interests, rights and freedoms;
- to comply with applicable legal obligations, such as to respond to a request from law enforcement in relation to a security incident at a building; and
- to protect your vital interests and the vital interests of others in an emergency situation.
Sharing or providing access to personal information
Otis will not have direct access to your data, nor will Otis sell your personal information. Otis may share or provide access to your personal information outside the Otis group of companies with:
- service providers that Otis has retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of our building clients (in particular, Braxos, who is the provider of the technology built into the eCall Pro™ App and collects App user data directly) pursuant to a contract that prohibits them from sharing your information except to perform services contracted for by us or as may be required to comply with legal requirements. Such service providers may also include, for example, cloud service providers or system and software providers.
- the building owner, administrator and/or other responsible party where you are using the App, in accordance with the purposes determined by the building owner, administrator and/or other responsible party.
- other third parties as necessary to:
- comply with legal obligations, such as to respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement or regulatory authorities; and
- investigate suspected or actual unethical or illegal activity.
Transfers of personal information to other countries
The eCall Pro™ App relies on region-specific cloud hosting infrastructure to provide this service. Your information may be transferred or accessed from one country to another in order to accomplish the purposes listed above (including by Braxos located in the USA). We will transfer your personal information consistent with applicable legal requirements. Otis relies on available legal mechanisms to enable the legal transfer of personal information across borders, including but not limited to the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. Where applicable, you have a right to request a copy of such clauses.
Retention of personal information
Otis will retain personal information as long as needed to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, and thereafter only as necessary to comply with its contractual and legal obligations.
Personal information rights
Some jurisdictions provide individuals with rights in relation to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, erase, or restrict the processing of their personal information, as well as the right to data portability. Otis will respond to personal information rights requests in accordance with applicable law. To protect user privacy and security, Otis will take steps to verify a user’s identity before fulfilling personal information requests. To ask questions in relation to personal information rights, or to raise any concerns, please send an email to Otis at email@example.com. In various jurisdictions, such as the European Union and United Kingdom, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Changes to this policy
From time to time we may need to update this policy, which we may modify without prior notice. We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis for any changes. Substantive changes will be identified at the top of the policy.
We note that under the new California CCPA, we are required to revisit and update this Privacy Notice annually.
If you have questions about Otis’s privacy practices in general, please contact us at:
One Carrier Place
Farmington CT 06032
The relevant data protection contact person can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write us at:Otis Elevator Worldwide BVBA
58 Avenue des Arts
The relevant data protection contact person can be reached at email@example.com, or you can write us at:Otis Elevator Company Pty Ltd
363 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Last Updated: 23-July-2021
For California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have certain rights concerning their personal information as enumerated in the California Code in sections 1798.110. 1798.115 and 1798.125, these include the right to:
If you have questions or concerns or would like to exercise your CCPA rights, you should contact Otis either by calling 833-833-3001 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide your name, a way for Otis to contact you (such as an email address), your relationship to Otis (customer, vendor, a member of the riding public), and the specific action you would like us to take. We will seek to verify your identify and to determine what if any of your personal information we may have. We will respond within 30 days regarding your inquiry. In some instances we may not be able to comply with your request, but we will provide you with a rationale in that event.
In addition, the California’s “Shine the Light Law”, gives California residents the right to request on an annual basis information about how Otis shares personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use. We note, however, that Otis does not share your personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
- For the Americas:
- For Europe:
- For Asia Pacific: mail us at
- request details about the personal information that Otis has about you, including the categories of information, the purpose for which we use it, with whom we share it, and specific information, if any, that we have about you as an individual;
- request that your data be deleted; and
- direct Otis not to sell your data, (NOTE: Otis does not sell personal information).