OTIS JOB APPLICANT PRIVACY
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Odaberite zemlju i jezik
Otis Elevator Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, “OTIS”) are responsible for the privacy of its online job application and recruiting systems and any information that an individual may provide in the course of pursuing employment opportunities with OTIS. OTIS has different systems for receiving and reviewing job applications in different countries. This Job Applicant Privacy Notice covers both the electronic systems that OTIS has implemented for job applications and the processes that some locations may use that do not involve an online system. For both approaches, OTIS has implemented technical, administrative and physical measures to safeguard any personal information that we may collect.
OTIS’s online and mobile job application and recruiting systems, including the Careers section of Otis websites, are used for recruiting, to allow individuals to apply for employment with OTIS, and to ensure that OTIS complies with applicable legal and regulatory requirements in receiving employment applications. These systems are intended for visitors to review, and possibly apply for, OTIS employment opportunities. Do not use OTIS’s online job application and recruiting systems for any other purpose.
With the exception of certain countries that accept applications for apprentices from individuals under 18 years of age, OTIS only accepts applications from individuals who are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, do not provide OTIS with your personal information for purposes of applying for a job unless you are applying for an apprenticeship in Asia.
This Notice may be modified from time to time by posting an update. We encourage you to review this Notice on a regular basis for any changes.
What personal information might OTIS collect?
To review postings on OTIS’s job online application systems, communicate with OTIS about job openings and apply for a job with OTIS, you will be asked to provide your personal information. With variation in certain countries, where some of these data elements may not be requested or may be requested once your employment is confirmed or starts, the personal information that you may be asked to provide includes:
- Contact information, including home address, home telephone and email address
- Date of Birth
- Government identification document or number, including a driving licence
- Work history
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and/or a cover letter, including any information you provide in those documents
- Citizenship and/or permanent legal residence
- Eligibility to work, including documentation of immigration status
- Interest in employment opportunities
- Job-specific questions that relate to the fitness of a candidate for a particular job
- References (if you provide information regarding other individuals, you must obtain their consent before providing the data to OTIS)
- Information that we may be required by law to ask in certain countries, such as whether you have previously worked for a government agency, whether you are related to a government official, OTIS officer or a member of the OTIS Board of Directors, or whether you are subject to a restrictive covenant with a current or former employer
- Information you provide to create security questions and answers used to validate your identity when you return to the website
- Where you learned about the job opening
- Any other information that you may choose to provide as part of your application
- Information provided by third-party sites, if you apply for a job opening through a third-party site
In the United States and U.S. territories, OTIS will also ask individuals to self-identify their ethnicity, gender, veteran status and disability information. That information is entirely voluntary and your decision to provide or withhold any of that information will not negatively impact how we consider you for employment.
For certain jobs and in certain locations, you may be asked to have a medical examination, hearing or vision checks, drug testing, a background check or a criminal history check. These will only be performed with your consent, but in certain circumstances, your offer of employment may be contingent on your successful completion of one or more of these checks. OTIS does not perform criminal history checks where prohibited from doing so by law. OTIS may confirm the information provided in your application, such as your references, driving licence and record, education and job history, without seeking your additional consent.
If you access an OTIS online job application system on a mobile device, the website will collect information necessary to communicate with your device and provide any customisation that you may request. This information may include your device identification or number, your carrier and your location.
In addition, OTIS monitors user traffic patterns on its job application websites, including a user’s domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and pages viewed. Our web servers collect the domain names but not the e-mail addresses of visitors. This information is collected in order to measure the number of visitors to our websites and to determine which areas of the website users find useful based upon the amount of traffic to particular areas. OTIS uses this information to enhance users’ experience and to better prepare content based on the user interests.
How might OTIS use the personal information that it collects?
Any personal information collected may be used to:
- allow you to apply for employment with OTIS and evaluate your application, including without limitation arranging for and conducting phone screening, interviews and other applicable assessments
- invite you to apply for and consider you for other opportunities that may be or become available
- contact you with regard to an application or other opportunity
- validate reference checks, conduct background checks as appropriate, and perform denied party screening
- facilitate your recruitment and administer your employment, if you are hired
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements involving job applicants, which may include providing reports to government agencies
- provide you with opportunities to offer feedback on your experience, such as through a survey
- conduct analysis on applicant trends to understand and improve OTIS’s recruitment practices
- verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed here
- ensure or enhance the security of OTIS’s electronic systems
- protect against fraud
- conduct internal investigations and comply with legal obligations
With whom does OTIS share the personal information it collects?
OTIS will not sell or otherwise share your personal information outside the OTIS family of companies, except to:
- service providers OTIS has retained to perform services on our behalf. OTIS will only share your personal information with service providers with whom OTIS has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements
- comply with legal obligations, including if we are required to do so by law, in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity
- prevent physical harm or financial loss
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy)
OTIS has several service providers that assist with its online job application systems. These providers manage the websites, provide back-up storage, assist with job postings, enable video interviews and facilitate recruitment of candidates. OTIS may also use other service providers, but any service provider utilised will be for the purposes identified in this Notice and will provide services under a contract as mentioned above.
Where does OTIS store your personal information?
Because OTIS is a global company with locations in many different countries, we may transfer your information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to accomplish the purposes listed above. These countries include, at a minimum, the United States, the many of the member states of the European Union, Canada, and other countries, including some in Asia. We will transfer your personal information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary for the purposes set forth above.
OTIS relies on available legal mechanisms to enable the legal transfer of personal information across borders. To the extent that OTIS relies on the standard contractual clauses (also called the model clauses) or Binding Corporate Rules to authorise transfer, OTIS will comply with those requirements, including where there may be a conflict between those requirements and this Notice.
How long does OTIS retain your personal information?
For job applicants in the US applying through the OTIS Careers website: OTIS will retain profiles on the Careers website for a maximum of three years from the date of last activity, except where law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceeding, or an audit requirement requires otherwise. If you would like to have your personal information updated, corrected or deleted from the Careers website, email email@example.com. Unless applicable law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceeding, or an audit requirement prevents deletion, OTIS will delete your personal information within a reasonable period of time and keep only a log of your name, the date of your deletion request, the job(s) for which you applied and the country from which you applied. OTIS retains this information to demonstrate that it has complied with your request.
For all other job applicants: Information provided on other online job application systems (other than the Careers website) or via manual means (such as email) will be subject to local data retention policies. For more information about retention in specific situations or for a deletion request, please email or call your local recruiting contact.
Beyond the retention periods and for applicants who have requested deletion, OTIS may retain anonymous data for statistical purposes to understand and improve its recruitment practices.
What choices do you have about how OTIS uses your personal information?
You have the choice about whether or not to provide OTIS with your personal information, but if you choose not to provide your information, OTIS will be unable to consider you for a position. OTIS asks only for information that it requires to evaluate your for a position to which you may apply, to authenticate you when you log into our online application systems, and as may be required by applicable law.
OTIS may ask to consider your job application for a position other than the one for which you applied. Before OTIS considers your personal information for a different position, it will ask for your consent, either by asking you to apply for the position or by contacting you to ask permission. In the US, you will generally be required to apply for a position before we can consider you for that job.
Cookies are small text files sent to and stored on users’ computers that allow websites to recognise repeat users, facilitate users’ access to websites and allow websites to compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. Cookies do not damage users’ computers or files. Web beacons are transparent graphic images, often just the size of a single pixel, that allow websites to track activity on the site.
What should you understand about the third-party links that may appear on this website?
In some instances, OTIS may provide links to non-OTIS controlled websites. However, OTIS does not control such third-party websites, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites. If you apply to a job with OTIS through a third-party site, the terms of that site’s privacy notice would also apply.
What additional information should specific users know?
Users from California: Under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), California residents have additional rights, including the rights enumerated under California Civil Code 1798.110, 1798.115 and 1798.125, such as the right of disclosure and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising such rights. Requests for information about how Otis manages personal information can be made by calling us at 833-833-3001 or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otis will not sell your personal data.
As defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”, California residents may annually request and obtain information about how Otis transfers their personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. We note that Otis does not share your personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that OTIS shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). Because OTIS does not share personal information of job applicants with third parties for their direct marketing efforts, this law does not apply to personal information collected from job applicants.
Users from the EU and other countries with data privacy laws: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your national or state data protection authority, which may also be known as a supervisory authority. You also have the right to: (i) request access to and correction or erasure of your personal information; (ii) seek restrictions on; or (iii) object to the processing of certain personal information, and seek data portability under certain circumstances. To contact OTIS about a request to access, correct, erase, object or seek restrictions or portability, please use the contact methods indicated at the end of this Notice.
Users from the US: OTIS collects Social Security Numbers where required by law, such as for tax and payroll purposes for its employees. When OTIS collects and/or uses Social Security Numbers, OTIS will take proper care by protecting confidentiality, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, and implementing appropriate technical safeguards and retention plans.
How can you correct or change your personal information?
To change your information on one of OTIS’s online job application systems, you can log in to your profile and make any corrections or deletions required. If you have applied to a job by another means (such as email), contact your local recruiting contact. To report problems with the Careers website or to pose questions or concerns, email careers@Otis.com.
How can you contact OTIS?
If you have any comments or questions or if there are other things we can do to maximise the value of OTIS’s job posting websites or systems, please email careers@Otis.com. If you have questions about OTIS’s privacy practices, please email email@example.com or call 833-833-3001.