Current share price
OTISLINE 0800 221 685
Use our product finder tool to compare and select the product that's right for your project.
A selection of our most awe-inspiring projects
OTISLINE 0800 221 685
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste error sit voluptatem accusantium
Explore our website, tailored for 92 countries/Territories and 21 languages.
- The elevator was recognized for its innovative flat belt technology, which is used in place of a conventional steel wire cable.
- The certification is given to market-leading innovative products and services based on a top customer satisfaction survey.
- IS Cho, vice president and managing director, Otis Korea, receives the ‘INNOSTAR 2020 certification in the elevator category from Eun-ju Hwang, CEO, Korea Management Registrar. (From right to left)
SEOUL, South Korea, April 28, 2020 — Otis Elevator Korea announced that the Otis Gen2® Life elevator has won the INNOSTAR 2020 certification for its sixth consecutive year. The elevator was recognized for its innovative flat belt technology, which is used in place of a conventional steel wire cable. Otis (NYSE: OTIS) is the world’s leading elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service company.
The certification is given by the Korea Management Registrar to market-leading innovative products and services based on a top customer satisfaction survey. IS Cho, vice president and managing director, Otis Korea, accepted the award on the company’s behalf.
“We are honored to be the top INNOSTAR winner for six years in a row. This award recognition reaffirms our reputation as the leader of industry innovation,” said Cho. “We will continue to provide safe and yet distinctive products and services that make a difference.”
The Otis Gen2 Life elevator uses global designs and rigorous safety standards. It won top scores across the evaluation criteria including innovation, satisfaction, and attractiveness. The elevator is highly customizable and offers features such as:
• A slim yet durable design that uses polyurethane-wrapped steel cords.
• Space savings through reduced machine room size.
• Energy savings through some standard features such as ReGenTM drive, LED lighting and sleep mode when the elevator is not in operation.
• Ease of maintenance through extended lubrication requirements.
• The company’s IoT-enabled PulseTM system that continuously monitors the flat belt to offer a comfortable ride for passengers.
• An ergonomic design with car operation panels positioned on the side wall for quick access to call buttons and edge lighting to reduce eye strain.
• Speed up to 150 meters per minute.
The INNOSTAR certification is hosted annually and is awarded to products and services that are market-leading in areas such as quality, functionality, design, and safety. Results are determined based on a customer satisfaction survey issued by Hankook Research.
Built on a legacy of innovation, Otis was founded in 1853 after Elisha Otis invented the elevator safety brake, giving rise to the modern city, transforming how people live and work, and revolutionizing architecture itself. Today, we are the world’s leading company for elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service. We move 2 billion people a day and maintain more than 2 million customer units worldwide, the industry’s largest maintenance portfolio. We can be found in many of the world’s most recognizable buildings, as well as the busiest transportation hubs and retail centers – we are everywhere people are on the move. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, Otis is 69,000 people strong, including 40,000 field professionals, all committed to meeting the diverse needs of our customers and passengers in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. To learn more, visit https://www.otis.com/ko/kr/ and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @OtisElevatorCo.